Elliot says...

Why shouldn't a seven-year-old have a blog? A father poses questions and a son answers directly, honestly, and candidly with the directness, honesty, and candor that only a seven-year-old can bring. Dictated and moderated by AmsterdamAsp , these are the words of Elliot himself: simple and complex observations of the world from the mind of a six-year-old...

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Do you like speaking Dutch?

Not so much. Because I like speaking English at home and Dutch in school. 'Cause I'm supposed to speak Dutch in the school. It's hard for me to learn so much. Because I don't know some of it.

[Which parts don't you know?]

Lots of different parts. Lots of different parts I don't know. The parts that aren't in English.

[Which parts do you know?]

Een vlinder en een vlieger [a butterfly and a kite]. "Tjoem zet de vlieger en de vlieger om hoog"... [my best guess at translation is "Zoom went the kite and the kite went up high" -- he continues singing an elaborate song about a vlieger that's too quick to transcribe].

I have nothing to say in Dutch because I already know Dutch. Dad, I only practice it once a day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

It's good that you're learning more than one language. ;)

05:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home