Elliot says...

Why shouldn't a seven-year-old have a blog? A father poses questions and a son answers directly, honestly, and candidly with the directness, honesty, and candor that only a seven-year-old can bring. Dictated and moderated by AmsterdamAsp , these are the words of Elliot himself: simple and complex observations of the world from the mind of a six-year-old...

Thursday, April 13, 2006

What did you do at school today?

[On Elliot's last day before Easter vacation, his peuterspeelzaal organized a special Easter egg hunt and pannekoeken lunch. A series of probing questions brought out the adventures of the afternoon.]

So how was the Easter egg hunt?

I like that we looked in there, but we didn't do it in Oosterpark. 'Cause we did it out where you can ride the bikes [in the enclosed playground area behind the school]. We found the eggs there. They had all this kind of stuff out there, like trees and bushes and those kinds of stuff. The bike house and other stuff. We had to look for eieren [eggs].

Where did you find the eggs?

In lots of places. In sand. In dirt. And I found one in the bush. I also found one in the dirt.

And were there a lot of other kids, too?

Real kids. I joined forces with Imine, Oliver, Manar. It was lots of fun 'cause you find eggs.

And then how was the special Easter lunch?

I had some syrup met mijn pannekoek [with my pancake]. Want to know what shapes we had? Squares. Big squares. And you can roll them up. I know a song about rolling up. Do you want to hear it? Roll it up... Roll it up... Alles goed... Alles goed... [roughly to the tune of "Frere Jacques"].

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elliot, It's cool that you had to "join forces" to accomplish your egg hunt. That sounds like my kind of fun!
Bye, bye butterfly,
Love,
Linda

21:36  
Blogger Eric said...

Firemen are very good at saying things back to people. But I've got to hurry, because it's almost started to rain. Jackson, the shoes that you gave me are really cool. Linda -- in awhile, crocodile.

Love,
Fireman

11:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a fun egg hunt.
Were they real eggs or candy eggs?
I love you!!

19:06  
Blogger Eric said...

Real eggs... I think I love you, Oma. Ik denk dat is genoeg [I think that's all].

15:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home