Elliot says...

Why shouldn't a seven-year-old have a blog? A father poses questions and a son answers directly, honestly, and candidly with the directness, honesty, and candor that only a seven-year-old can bring. Dictated and moderated by AmsterdamAsp , these are the words of Elliot himself: simple and complex observations of the world from the mind of a six-year-old...

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

What does "unusubal" mean?

[Eating breakfast this morning, Elliot announced a new reason for not going to school]

Daddy, I'm too unusubal to go to school today.

[The word "unusubal" sounded like a cross between "unusual" and "unuseable" -- but its context was a bit vague. So I asked for clarification.]

Unusubal means that I'm not too handsome to go to school. That's what unusubal means. So I can't go to school today. Don't you know what unusubal means?

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Elliot,

I too am sometimes surprised at your father's lack of basic vocabulary. Who DOESN'T know what unusubal means?!

02:03  
Blogger Eric said...

I think that's funny.

08:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seriously think you are one of the coolest kids I know, Elliot! What other new words are you learning?

17:51  
Blogger Eric said...

Lente [Dutch for spring]. Ohio. Nebraska. Unmanageable [no joking].

18:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home