Elliot says...

Why shouldn't a seven-year-old have a blog? A father poses questions and a son answers directly, honestly, and candidly with the directness, honesty, and candor that only a seven-year-old can bring. Dictated and moderated by AmsterdamAsp , these are the words of Elliot himself: simple and complex observations of the world from the mind of a six-year-old...

Thursday, July 20, 2006

How does it feel to be Floyd Landis?



[Our family has been closely following the Tour de France on television this summer -- as we have for the past several years -- as "Le Tour" is one of the major broadcast sports events in Europe. Today, one of the top American contenders -- Floyd Landis -- bounced back from a disastrous showing yesterday. Elliot was so inspired by his compatriot's performance that he decided not to just cheer for Floyd Landis -- but to actually become Floyd Landis! And throughout supper and the early hours of this evening, we've been enjoying the company of celebrity. He was kind enough to grant us a short interview.]

I don't have much time to talk because I have to do the race. I'm having a good race. I get the fastest. I'm faster than all the other racers. Do you know what they say when I win the race? They say, "Good race, Floyd." Well, my feet feel like they're kind of on the pedals.

[How many miles did you have to race today?]

Pretty much miles. But right now, I'm not on the race because I'm having a water break. Do you think George Hincapie [another American contender in the Tour de France, unwillingly played by liitle sister Olivia] is still having a water break?

[What do you think about the pizza dinner that we're having tonight after the race, Floyd?]

Well, I think that it's pretty... Well, Floyd really likes pizza. This is the first time that Floyd has had this kind of pizza. Well... I think that the race pizza is doughy. [But what about other kinds of pizza?] Yeah, I like those.

[Do you think you're going to be able to win the Tour de France this year?]

Yeah. I'll lean over my handles.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep peddlin'
DA

13:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home