Elliot says...

Why shouldn't a seven-year-old have a blog? A father poses questions and a son answers directly, honestly, and candidly with the directness, honesty, and candor that only a seven-year-old can bring. Dictated and moderated by AmsterdamAsp , these are the words of Elliot himself: simple and complex observations of the world from the mind of a six-year-old...

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Why was Amber mad at school today?

Because I was going potty, and she didn't know that boys could go standing up pee. Because she didn't know it, she wanted me to take toilet paper and wipe my bottom. And I didn't know why she was so mad at me. It was just some reason. She wanted to give me some toilet paper, but I didn't need it because I was going standing-up-pee.

She said, "Ik ben een beetje boos met je" ["I'm a little bit mad at you"]. But I didn't say anything. I didn't know why she was boos [angry]. I don't know why she was boos, but she was boos. I don't know what I said.

[Just for clarification, the situation seems to have arisen from the fact that the school does not keep toilet paper in the toilet stalls themselves (lest they be used to clog the drain). Instead, when children leave the classroom to use the toilet, they must bring along a few squares of toilet paper before they go out of the classroom. Thus, Elliot's classmate was likely bringing him some toilet paper, thinking that he had accidentally forgotten it.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home