Elliot says...

Why shouldn't a seven-year-old have a blog? A father poses questions and a son answers directly, honestly, and candidly with the directness, honesty, and candor that only a seven-year-old can bring. Dictated and moderated by AmsterdamAsp , these are the words of Elliot himself: simple and complex observations of the world from the mind of a six-year-old...

Thursday, August 03, 2006

What's your nickname(s)?

My name is Charlie Bogantz. Because I'm fast, and Charlie Bogantz is fast. That's what my Dad likes to name me. [For the record, I (Elliot's father) have always issued flippant, spontaneous, ridiculous nicknames to my children -- just off the cuff, like "Hey Elliot, can I call you (fill in the blank)? But for some reason, earlier this summer, I asked him, "Hey Elliot, can I call you Charlie Bogantz?" and it just stuck. He accepted and embraced that nickname like no other -- to the point where he now considers it to be his official nickname.]

My Dad's name is Boominy Lollipop -- because I heard that name on television at Oma and Opa's house, when Jack and Virginia was there. Do you know when you and Mommy when with Uncle Matthew to see Matthew's little thing? That's when I saw it on television. At Oma and Opa's house. He said, "Hoi! Ik ben Boominy Lollipop!" So that's where I learned the name Boominy Lollipop.

My cousin Aydan is named Alexander Cuckoo-in-the-Head... Daddy, let's tell 'em Tobias's nickname: Carlos Sastre for short. And his last name is Carlos Sastre Karomat. And Olivia is Levi Leipheimer. And what did we call the girl at the Cleft? [Kim?] Yeah, what was Kim's name? Coco Kradago! It was something with chocolate. Coco Kradagochifs.

Well, my whole nickname is Charlie Bogantz Floyd Landis Elliot Asp. I like my nicknames because it's all mixed up together.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack wants you to know that his nickname is "Jack Mason King Slurpee Anderson". Virginia says her nickname is "Princess". Nathan's is "Baby Giant" because he marches through and destroys Lego villages.

J

15:02  
Blogger Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

LOL, nicknames are such fun! My nicknames are 'Hajar,' 'Ms. Guru,' and 'The Next Mona Lisa.'

03:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home