Elliot says...

Why shouldn't a seven-year-old have a blog? A father poses questions and a son answers directly, honestly, and candidly with the directness, honesty, and candor that only a seven-year-old can bring. Dictated and moderated by AmsterdamAsp , these are the words of Elliot himself: simple and complex observations of the world from the mind of a six-year-old...

Monday, September 04, 2006

How did you like your first day of school?

Good. I stayed there for a little longer because I was there, and I... [apparently, he lost his train of thought for a moment]...

But Mommy took me to the Frankendael [a park nearby his school] to take a picnic. And then we had to go really, really, really far -- because if we go really far then we would see a verstoppen huis [the translation of this phrase would be something like a "hidden house," but the context seems to be referring to a long detour that was required by construction between the school and the park]. But then I came back to school, and it's a little bit different.

Tomorrow, I'm going to take on the overblijf. The overblijf is where you eat lunch at school, but then I go back to my class. Because then, if I go back to my class, after my teacher teaches then I go home. Then school is done.

I got to have a sticker with a poppetje [translation - "puppet" -- explanation - each child is represented by a different symbol that indicates which chair they sit in, which activities they get to do during play time, and so on; last year Elliot's symbol was a turtle, and this year his symbol is a puppet]. It's a new one. I like it. I just like it. I liked making a book. I liked to play outside. I got to do it twice. I got to do it morning twice and afternoon twice. But tomorrow I'm going to go to overblijf.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Elliot,
I'm glad to hear you had a good first day of school! And being in the "puppet" group sounds really fun! I would like to hear more about your school sometime. Maybe we can visit soon.
I am glad to be back in Amsterdam with you.
I Love you!

12:36  
Blogger Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

Oh, wow!
You got to play outside a lot! I bet it's fun.

03:38  
Blogger Will said...

Elliot! Hey man glad to hear your first day was good. It only gets better my friend. Keep up the blogging - I love hearing about life from your perspective!

14:36  
Blogger Eric said...

I want to say, "Oh!" I have a castle on my head. But I have one on my head right now.

16:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home