Elliot says...

Why shouldn't a seven-year-old have a blog? A father poses questions and a son answers directly, honestly, and candidly with the directness, honesty, and candor that only a seven-year-old can bring. Dictated and moderated by AmsterdamAsp , these are the words of Elliot himself: simple and complex observations of the world from the mind of a six-year-old...

Saturday, September 30, 2006

What's your class circus going to be like?

Well, I'm going to be the clown. When I'm being the clown, I have to have make-up on. So, I use something else. I use a mask, because I don't have make-up. And if I don't have make-up, I won't be a clown. And I have a nose, and a dress, and a wig -- but when I'm wearing my mask, I don't need them. It's a clown mask.

But it's not only me that's going to be a clown. There's a lot of clowns in it. Maybe like a hundred maybe. They do funny things. They're going to throw balls in the air. And my best friend Dennis is going to be a lion! ROAR!

Levi is going to be the circus directeur [ringmaster]. And Mariah. Remember the circus man that has the long top hat on? They tell iedereen [everyone] what to do. I don't know where my microphone is that I made at school. But they have another one that Kubilai made. Het is echt een microfoon [It's a real microphone].

I'm not going to write anything on the circus day. 'Cause otherwise, I'll be too late for school and too late for the circus. But it's OK to write today, because it's not circus day. But on Tuesday I can't write anything. Because Tuesday is the circus day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elliot,
It was so fun to see you, I mean the clown, at your school circus today!! You did such a great job and I think you were the most colorful clown at the circus. I especially liked how you played the part of blowing up the balloon and then pretended that it "popped"... great song, too.
Thanks for the invitation, my little friend.
I love you,
Linda

23:48  
Blogger EP said...

Elliot:

I hope your school performance went well today. Were you nervous?

I'm sure you did great!

I see from Linda's comment that she must have come to watch you. Did anyone else come to watch?

I look forward to hearing about how it went!

01:38  
Blogger Eric said...

I was not scared.

19:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home