Elliot says...

Why shouldn't a seven-year-old have a blog? A father poses questions and a son answers directly, honestly, and candidly with the directness, honesty, and candor that only a seven-year-old can bring. Dictated and moderated by AmsterdamAsp , these are the words of Elliot himself: simple and complex observations of the world from the mind of a six-year-old...

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Do you like herfst vakantie?

Yeah. [Why?] Because I just do. It's hard to explain.

Well... I was staying at Tobias's house [on Tuesday]. We played clowns. We put make-up on, but Caden [Tobias's little brother] was the lion. So the clowns had to get the lion, because the lion was going to eat us. He wanted to eat us. We had to get him so he would not eat us. But we ate Caden up for pretend. And we put some cuffs on Caden.

And we made some road stuff [earlier in the week, this "road stuff" was described as "mud soup"]. We put some leaves in it, and some pretend cinnamon. And we threw them into the bucket that has water in it. And we keep mixing it up, and it keeps on getting pinker and pinker. We were making road stuff, and the road stuff smelled like brick.

But I couldn't stay with him [Tobias]. I was going to stay at his house [for a sleepover], but I couldn't. Well, I stayed there a little while, but in the evening I was feeling sick, so I had to come home. But now I'm feeling better. But I'm not going to Tobias's house today. They said I could come back one day. So what day can I go to Tobias's house?

[What kind of projects have you been working on with Mommy?]

A turkey project. You can't eat the turkey. We made it with the beans on the box, and with the kind of things from Olivia. And then we did the eyes. And the nose. And the body is a balloon with papier mache. We had to take it [the balloon] out, and it [the remaining paper shell] was still an oval. Well, we took the little thing out on the bottom and it made a hole. So it doesn't have any air, but it's still an oval thing. We put some newspaper on, and now we painted it today. It's all brown because turkeys are usually brown.

[And why have you been making cookie dough with Mommy?]

To sell 'em. And we can also have some. We're selling them to people at the Zolder. To get mosquito nets for the kids in Africa [raising money for Millenium Promise]. Because they get really sick. And they don't have any money or food. They already have food, but they don't have clothes. Or money. Or mosquito bites. Or, they have mosquito bites -- but they still don't have mosquito nets. So we get money for the people in Africa, not clothes. And with the money, they can get mosquito nets. But I don't want to go to Africa. Because in Africa, when it comes in the night, you get sick. So I don't want to sleep there. 'Cause then I'll get sick or something. And then I'll die. I don't want to stay in Africa to sleep.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elliot!
I am super excited about you selling cookies at church on Sunday. It's wonderful that you want to send money to the children in Africa so they can have mosquito nets to sleep under.
Later we'll meet, Parakeet!

22:17  
Blogger Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

Hi Eliot!
You're such a sweet boy! How kind of you to make cookies with your mommy so you can send money to the children in Africa!
God bless you.

19:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, Elliot! I'm so excited to hear about your plan to send money to kids in Africa for mosquito nets. You are a wonderful kid to think of others! See you soon, coon!

18:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home